Parish/Faith community nursing is a specialty practice combing professional nursing and health ministry.
The Parish Nurse is a member of the church working in conjunction with the pastor and congregation to
provide opportunities for improving health and healing.
ROLE OF THE PARISH NURSE
1. Integrator of Faith and Healing
2. Personal Health Counselor
3. Health Educator
4. Referral Agent
5. Health Advocate
6. Trainor of Volunteers
7. Developer of Support Groups
The Parish Nurse makes visits to parishioners of St. Peter’s in their home, nursing home and hospital.
All information is held in strict confidentiality according to the Nurse Practice Act. Parish nurses do not provide direct nursing/medical care.
1. The Annual Walk for Alzheimers is schuled in 4 towns on October 17th.
Please click here to see more information.
2. The Barnstable County Department of Human Services directory is available